On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 8:44 AM, Henryk Trappmann
<bo198...@googlemail.com> wrote:

> On Mar 26, 3:52 pm, William Stein <wst...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> 2. Make sure your code has 100% doctest coverage.
>
> I have two questions here.
> 1. I work intensely with functions defined inside of methods (because
> one attribute of the power series is a function. It needs to be
> defined whenever a method returns a power series).

Does pickling actually work on power series with such attributes that
are functions?

> All those inner functions are listed in "missing doctests".
> To add a short documentation string was no deal, but provide doctests
> for all those inner functions?

Create a doctest that ends up indirectly calling the inner function,
then label it

  sage: the doctest   # indirect doctest

> 2. I got a method _test which contains a whole test suite for the
> class as doctest (and nothing else). These tests maybe not appropriate
> to put into other doctests. However sage -coverage declares it as:
> "Possibly wrong (function name doesn't occur in doctests)". Does that
> count as minus?

No, that doesn't count as a minus.

William

--