On Mon, May 25, 2009 at 4:06 PM, William Stein <wst...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, May 25, 2009 at 1:02 PM, Justin C. Walker <jus...@mac.com> wrote:
>>

>> On May 25, 2009, at 04:00 , Dr. David Kirkby wrote:
>>
>>> BTW, http://sage.milnix.org/ does not appear to be alive. I noticed
>>> that
>>> a day or so ago, and it is still dead.
>>
>> I've lost track of where and when milnix.org arose, but it looks like
>> the system is awake.  It's just not listening for HTTP (at least on
>> port 80).  Could be the server wasn't started?
>>

> I've removed the links to milnix.org.  Harald, I did this by directly
> editing www2/index.html and www2/inc/header.shtml.  Obviously, this
> isn't the right thing to do, since there is no way for me to check in
> my changes.  Please add a message that is printed on the login to the
> s...@sagemath account that points to a file documenting how to make
> changes to the website.

Harald, never mind, as I was able to easily figure out what to do by
looking at history.

Is this right:

 (1) edit ~/www2-dev/www/*
 (2) Run the script go_live.sh in www2-dev.

I did hg status in the www2-dev directory and get:

s...@sagemath:~/www2-dev$ hg status
M go_live.sh
M www/contact.html
M www/inc/header.shtml
M www/index.html
! options_tidy.txt
! tidyall.sh
! www/library/prize.html
? attic/jsMath-3.6a.zip
? attic/jsMath-fonts-1.3.zip
? www/development-prize.html
? www/media/sage-codeswarm-3.1.1-v2_color.avi

Maybe this should be cleaned up a little.  I'm checking in, then
fixing the Milnix.org links right now.

Also, I'll add something to the login message about www2-dev and
go_live.sh after you confirm that this is the right workflow.

 -- William