On Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 6:47 PM, Ondrej Certik<ond...@certik.cz> wrote:

> Do Mac systems have /usr/include/X11? the bsd.math has it. If generaly
> not, then I still need to tweak the configure to build without X11 at
> all, if that is possible (maybe not).

Not always. The user has to explicitly install the X11 SDK. It's
entirely possible
to even install X11 without having the X11 headers.

>> Cocoa/Carbon based VTK (which you will).  Are you sure that your Mesa
>> build works?  .so's and .dylib's are different in more than just name.
>>  If the Mesa build system is not setup to properly create dylibs, I
>> doubt it will work.
>
> Yes, I am pretty sure this works, at least on bsd.math. I then used my
> Cython wrappers for mesa and produces a nice ppm image offscreen on
> bsd.math.
>
> Ondrej

If bsd.math is an OS X box, I'm surprised that .so files are built. The dynamic
libraries on OS X are .dylib.

Cheers,

Tim.

---
Tim Lahey
PhD Candidate, Systems Design Engineering
University of Waterloo
http://www.linkedin.com/in/timlahey