On May 4, 7:58 am, Maarten Derickx <m.derickx.stud...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> On May 3, 7:23 pm, Burcin Erocal <bur...@erocal.org> wrote:
>
> >   IIRC, there were messages on this list about having python as a
> >   dependency already. What are the dependencies of Sage besides tar,
> >   gcc and gfortran? Does Sage depend on bash?
>
> It definitly depends on bash, there are a lot of bash scripts it uses
> (even for starting sage). To get an idea of which scripts all use bash
> do for example.
>
> grep -r $SAGE_ROOT/local/bin bash

I think we were discussing python as a dependency when talking about
including
patch. There was some motion to use hg instead but that introduced
circular
dependencies on python. To find out what's really needed apart from
bash
we have to look at prereq and what it is checking for.
config.ac in prereq is checking for compilers (c,c++ and fortran),
YACC and LEX (or functional equivalents), ar, m4, ranlib, ld,
perl-5.8.0+ (for building R).
A lot of these will be brought in by the prefix unless we require them
and
put them in package.provided.

Francois