On Sunday, January 5, 2020 at 2:51:44 PM UTC-8, Nils Bruin wrote:

> I don't think there's a doubt that we'll drop py2.7 support. This Wiki,
> however, has been referred to in many places describing the py2/py3
> transition.

One of these places is the FAQ, which is official documentation:

http://doc.sagemath.org/html/en/faq/faq-usage.html#can-i-use-sagemath-with-python-3-x

The 9.0 FAQ still mentions:

As of August 2019, most of SageMath works fine with Python 3. However, we
still consider Python 3 support to be experimental and no official Python 3
release has been made yet.

That would probably be good to adjust too: there is now an official Py3
release and I don't think we consider it experimental anymore -- unless
sage in its entirety is still considered experimental :-).