Hi Nils,

On 2020-01-06, Nils Bruin <nbr...@sfu.ca> wrote:
> In fact, I think it would make a lot of sense to make 9.1 the last release
> to support py2 and therefore make 9.1 more a bugfix release: concentrate on
> fixes of issues that arise as a result of 9.0 and fix them, so that there's
> a relatively reliable point in the history of sage to run on py2. That
> would automatically target significant new features for 9.2.

Having a bugfix release as the last py-2-supporting release sounds like
a good plan to me. So, +1 to this.

Also I think that the additional burden to average developers will be
small: If (on top of bug fixes) there would be new code in v9.1, then
making it work with py-2 would basically involve some "from __future__
import", isn't it?

Best regards,
Simon