> If you end up coming back in a day or two, maybe you could answer some
> questions:
>
>   (1) Were you entirely using the public sage notebook servers that I
> host (e.g., sagenb.org)?

Yes.

> (2) Exactly what web browser and operating system were you using?
> Anything special about your configuration?  Your network?

I'm using Safari on OSX 10.6.2.  No, nothing special about my
configuration or network.  I've been using the notebook server
reliably for a few weeks.

>   (3) Is this the first time you've ever run into these problems (or
> had you not really used sage much before).

Yes, first time with this issue.

> If you had more time (I know you don't know), I would recommend
> perhaps making several shorter worksheets instead of one long one.
> E.g., Lab 1, part 1;   Lab 1, part 2, etc.

I love Sage, but at the moment, I'm terrified that I'll lose hours
again messing around with stuff.  I almost didn't even realize that
the whole thing got fubar-ed.  I was just about to post it for my
students to use tomorrow, but decided to add one more thing.

Thanks for any help.

Dana