On 02/16/2010 12:03 AM, D.C. Ernst wrote:

If you had more time (I know you don't know), I would recommend
perhaps making several shorter worksheets instead of one long one.
E.g., Lab 1, part 1;   Lab 1, part 2, etc.

I love Sage, but at the moment, I'm terrified that I'll lose hours
again messing around with stuff.  I almost didn't even realize that
the whole thing got fubar-ed.  I was just about to post it for my
students to use tomorrow, but decided to add one more thing.

Interestingly, Dana's worksheet has a "cells/-1" directory---none of my other worksheets in my small collection on my local notebook have a cells/-1 directory.

Dana: What exactly do you mean by the order was all messed up?

1. Computational cells switched around among themselves?

2. Text cells switched around from their original order?

3. Computational and Text cells interleaved differently, but the order within each type stayed the same?

4. Some or all of the above, or something different?

I notice that the sentence "Warning: You should avoid using e as a variable for obvious reasons." appears in three places in the worksheet. First, as duplicated text in the same text cell (so two times there) and second as a paragraph down at the bottom. What was there originally? Is the problem that the text was duplicated inside of the same TinyMCE cell, or did that text cell at the bottom appear as well?

Following the second occurrence of the "Warning" text above, it appears that the gcd computation should have followed the next text cell (which talks about gcd computation), rather than preceding it. Was that another reordering (i.e., a text cell A, then a computation cell B, got reordered to be B, then A).

Are there any other specific things that you saw happening? Any details would help us track this down.

I wonder if someone that is familiar with the current javascript code used to keep track of cell ids could post a snippet that Dana or someone could run to print out what the browser thinks is the order of cells in the notebook.

Thanks,

Jason

--
Jason Grout