On Mon, Feb 15, 2010 at 10:20 PM, Jason Grout
<jason-s...@creativetrax.com> wrote:
> On 02/16/2010 12:03 AM, D.C. Ernst wrote:
>
>>> If you had more time (I know you don't know), I would recommend
>>> perhaps making several shorter worksheets instead of one long one.
>>> E.g., Lab 1, part 1;   Lab 1, part 2, etc.
>>
>> I love Sage, but at the moment, I'm terrified that I'll lose hours
>> again messing around with stuff.  I almost didn't even realize that
>> the whole thing got fubar-ed.  I was just about to post it for my
>> students to use tomorrow, but decided to add one more thing.
>>

> Interestingly, Dana's worksheet has a "cells/-1" directory---none of my

Wow.  It should not be possible to get a "cells/-1" directory.  The
cell numbers should start at 1, not -1.  That is very suspicious.  I
did have to restart sagenb.org *today* (about 24 hours ago) do to the
twisted server segfaulting (!) possibly somehow in response to 40 or
so accounts being added in a few minutes (I have no real idea what
caused the segfault -- twisted shouldn't ever segfault).

> other worksheets in my small collection on my local notebook have a cells/-1
> directory.
>
> Dana: What exactly do you mean by the order was all messed up?
>
> 1. Computational cells switched around among themselves?
>
> 2. Text cells switched around from their original order?
> 3. Computational and Text cells interleaved differently, but the order
> within each type stayed the same?
>
> 4. Some or all of the above, or something different?
>
> I notice that the sentence "Warning:  You should avoid using e as a variable
> for obvious reasons." appears in three places in the worksheet.  First, as
> duplicated text in the same text cell (so two times there) and second as a
> paragraph down at the bottom.  What was there originally?  Is the problem
> that the text was duplicated inside of the same TinyMCE cell, or did that
> text cell at the bottom appear as well?
>
> Following the second occurrence of the "Warning" text above, it appears that
> the gcd computation should have followed the next text cell (which talks
> about gcd computation), rather than preceding it.  Was that another
> reordering (i.e., a text cell A, then a computation cell B, got reordered to
> be B, then A).
>
> Are there any other specific things that you saw happening?  Any details
> would help us track this down.
>
> I wonder if someone that is familiar with the current javascript code used
> to keep track of cell ids could post a snippet that Dana or someone could
> run to print out what the browser thinks is the order of cells in the
> notebook.

Just refresh the page, then do "view source" and search for
"cell_id_list".  That will give the ordered list of cells by id
number.

To Dana -- you might want to try Firefox if possible -- that's what us
dev's use the most, so it is the most reliable for using the notebook.
   Just to emphasize this, note that I think right now everybody who
has done much work on the notebook in the last few months is using
Linux, and Safari isn't available on Linux, so Firefox as a notebook
client tends to be more well tested.

 -- William