OMG!!! I caught the last half hour of that one! I gaped, people, GAPED at this
ridiculous plan to "fight fire with fire" at the end of it.Aubrey
Leatherwoodwww.aubreyleatherwood.comFaceBook * MySpaceThe People You Know, The
Sex They HaveROMANTIC TIMES NOMINEE FOR BEST CONTEMPORARY EROTICA 2008ISBN:
978-0-9818905-0-0Lyrical Press. Inc

To: scifino...@yahoogroups.comfrom: truthseeker...@lycos.comdate: Tue, 27 Jan
2009 07:52:54 -0500Subject: RE: [scifinoir2] Stephen Baldwin (was Dragon Wars)

Yes, Keith, it arrived on a solar flare, and jumped from one human host to
another to spread destruction. No names. Psych self-defense kicking in again...
---------[ Received Mail Content ]----------Subject : RE: [scifinoir2] Stephen
Baldwin (was Dragon Wars)Date : Tue, 27 Jan 2009 00:39:25 +0000From :
keithbjohn...@comcast.netto : scifino...@yahoogroups.comi forgot Earthstorm and
Darkstorm. Wasn't one of them about a black hole or something? They were awful!
Oh--and do you remember that really terrible film with Sean "Lord of the Rings"
Astin and Robert "Chakotay" Beltran? It was about some kind of fire elemental
wreaking havoc. I think the damned thing came to Earth on a solar flare (or
maybe it emerged from beneath the Earth's mantle. Whatever). It was another one
with bad CGI. I told my brother recently that the finger of God writing the Law
in "The Ten Commandments" was better CGI than the elemental in that one!
-------------- Original message ---------------------- From: Aubrey Leatherwood
> > These are lovely. My list is short because the brain has been damaged from
> weekend viewing. > > Mistie > Epoch (I enjoyed that one, too) > Dungeons and
Dragons the first one... haven't seen that second one yet > Dragon Storm (Who
thought Maxwell Caulfield could find a more demeaning role > than the nerd
turned secret-indentity-wielding hot biker? Still, I didn't mind > it) > > >
Even if you're on a plane, walk out: > > BloodRayne > BloodRayne 2 > Any future
BloodRaynes > (Careful folks Stephen King's about to take a beating!) The
Langoliers > Earthstorm (That Damn Stephen Baldwin) > Darkstorm (That Damn
Stephen Baldwin)Gargoyles > Aubrey Leatherwoodwww.aubreyleatherwood.comFaceBook
* MySpaceThe People You > Know, The Sex They HaveROMANTIC TIMES NOMINEE FOR
BEST CONTEMPORARY EROTICA > 2008ISBN: 978-0-9818905-0-0Lyrical Press. Inc > > >
> To: scifino...@yahoogroups.comfrom: truthseeker...@lycos.comdate: Mon, 26 Jan
> 2009 12:28:37 -0500Subject: Re: [scifinoir2] Stephen Baldwin (was Dragon
Wars) > > > > > > > > Alright, I'm chiming in.Worth a Mistie WatchDead and
DeaderBasilisk: The Serpent > KingDragon SwordDungeons & Dragons: Wrath of the
Dragon GodLake Placid (on > loop!)10.5 Apocalypse (Dean's magic makes it all
better)"Even if you're on a > plane, walk out" (LMNAO, BTB!)Kaw ("Never more",
to quote Poe)Dragon Wars > (sooner have my eyes burnt from their sockets with
white-hot needles)ANYTHING > with the name Uwe Boll attachedWraiths of Roanoke
(even the dead folks in the > movie asked to have their names removed from the
credits)A Sound of Thunder > (always thought that it was more boomy and less
sucky)100 Million B.C. (all that > time... one would think they would've gotten
it right at some point...)Rise: > Blood Hunter (vampyr everywhe! re protested
the making of this, regardless of > the potential risks)Rock Monster
(shuddering)Pterodactyl (any movie in which > Coolio is the best actor in the
cast?)Abominable (aka The Movie Which Lives Up > To Its Name)(LNAO, more to
come) > ---------[ Received Mail Content ]----------Subject : Re: [scifinoir2]
Stephen > Baldwin (was Dragon Wars)Date : Mon, 26 Jan 2009 16:09:33 +0000From :
> keithbjohn...@comcast.netto : scifino...@yahoogroups.comhey, that's cool. the
> real trick is knowing which B- movies are really fun camp for the ages, and >
which are just crappy schlock. What we need to do, gang, is start rating these
> movies for each other on that level. See, as Martin just did, showing me that
at > least this Dean Cain flick is a good time-waster. I've seen others of his
that > are just plain bad. There was one where he was a security chief in an >
underground facility creating dinosaurs from old DNA. (And isn't Cain always >
playing a security chief or soldier in a top-secret facility?) One of the >
baddies got loose and started having human snacks. It was so bad because the
CGI > was horrible, and the used the *exact same* scene for every appearance of
the > creature! It was running down this curving hallway, and every single time
the > monster was shown, it was the exact same loop of film. So bad it wasn't
even > good camp. So we'll do that. Whoever has sat (suffered) through a SciFi
flick > can rate it on "camp" or MST3K factor, so the others can know if it'd
be a great > laugh riot on a cold winter's day, or just a woefully bad piece of
CGI-filled > dreck that's not even worth watching for derision. And on that
scale, I can drop > a couple of films like that: Worth a Mistie watch: Rock
Monster (though I don't > know why, it makes me life) The Beast of Bray Road
(that urban werewolf legend > in film) Leprechaun - yes I said it. Horrible,
horrible film, but Warwick Dunn > (?) makes me laugh as the creepy killer
sprite. This ain't your daddy's Lucky > Charms! Dragon Sword (I think) - it's
the one with Patric Swayze. Again, a bad > movie, but acting is just good
enough (it has many established actors) to make > it dumb fun Epoch - The first
couple of these movies about some alien rock > thingie activating on Earth may
be a bit befuddling, but star David Keith helps > make 'em watchable Alien
Lockdown (think that's it) - there's one or two of > these flicks about a
monster loose on an orbiting prison. I think one stars > Christopher Lambert.
Dumb fun. Frankenfish - not sure why I laughed at this one, > it's one of the
worst ever. But watching these idiot young people run from a > stupid killer
fish in the Louisiana Bayou had me rolling And from the "Even if > you're on a
plane, walk out" category: Dragon Storm - I just wailed on it. > American 90210
clones as reincarnation of Asian warriors and royals? 'Nuff said. > Gargoyles
-- not the Cornel West camp classic--that one had great makeup and > high fun,
camp factor. The recent remake overflowing with cheap CGI Harpies - > Bad
acting, lackluster action, bad CGI Gryphon - Bad acting (though it has >
established actors like Larry Drake and Anthony LePalia's younger brother), >
lackluster action, bad CGI That Francis Drake movie --came out last week >
starring Adrian "Highlander" Paul. It was awful! The CGI ships and ocean
sucked, > the characters were pitiful. There are many, many more. Basically
almost every > SciFi Original that's loaded with cheap CGI instead of good
scale models or live > action shots, just sucks -------------- Original message
---------------------- > From: "Martin Baxter" > Keith, you may look askance at
this, but I'm *good* with > Dean Cain in such > movies. I think that,
instinctively, he knows that these are > B-moives, and gives > them the full
camp effect. One of those movies aired last > weekend on Skiffy. > Can't
remember the title, but he played an Army officer > leading a Delta team > into
a Central American country to find the members of a > research team that >
hadn't answered calls. They were working on an experimental > medicine that >
created zombies. I was foing to pass on t until I heard that > Dean was
starring. > I admit to two hours of brain-off-the-hook fun. Didn't have > to
Mistie it. Dean > did that himself. > > Ah! "Dead and Deader" was the flick. >
[scifinoir2] Stephen Baldwin (was Dragon Wars) > > Date : Mon, 26 Jan 2009 >
03:58:20 +0000 > > From : keithbjohn...@comcast.net > > To : >
scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com > > > I'll see your Stephen Baldwin, and raise you >
Lorenzo Lamas ("Raptor Island") and > Dean Cain (a whole bunch of cheesy dino >
flicks). Those guys are in a bunch of > really bad flicks. And while we're at >
it, today I was myself (as always) > lamenting the crappy movies that SciFi >
serves up. One thing you note pretty > quickly is that they seem to be going >
through the cryptid and mythology books > for inspiration. I mean, look at all
> the films they've done in the last couple > of years: Gargoyles, Harpies, >
Gryphon, Wyvern, Basilisk, Minotaur, Baal: The > Storm God, Chupacabra, Rock >
Monster--the whole encyclopedia of myth and legend. > And then add in Kaw >
(killer crows), Frankenfish, Boa vs. Python--you get the > idea. > > Baldwin, >
Lamas, and myths aside, the biggest problem is that all these movies > suck!
Bad > acting, bad writing, and really, really bad CGI. Every monster they >
craft is > worse than a the CGI in a five year old video game. Horrible! > > >
Aubrey > Leatherwood > > > > Friday night into yesterday was one of those sweat
shop > writing sessions for > me. > > Couch, laptop, grilled meat, strong iced
> beverage, and remote control. Ahh the > > remote control... Useful when >
something is on... Not so useful yesterday. > > Harpies! Yep, Harpies on Sci
Fi. > Now > > > > Much of the folklore, mythology, even urban legend I've loved
to > read about > > since I was tiny, get made into SciFi Channel movies or
movies > that *make it* > to > > SciFi. Harpies, gargoyles, dragons, Merlin
(god I hate > sam neill but i love > > miranda richardson), etc... I'm excited
by the prospect > of them all, which is > > why--as if I have the memory span
of a fruitfly--I > watch (or try to watch) > these > > programs. I desperately
want to suspend my > disbelief for an hour or two, get > > lost in a story,
then come back from my > odyssey refreshed and entertained. I > am, > > yes
people, a damn idiot! > > > > > In comes Stephen Baldwin. > > > > I've been
trying to figure out how to phrase > it for some minutes now, and > can't > >
seem to do so. I feel like an atrocity > has been visited on me. How does this
> guy > > continue to get work, and why > does a ton of it end up on Sci Fi?
Why? This guy > > has made two hundred and > seventy million movies. What deal
has he made or > > perhaps one of his more > talented brothers (take your pick
from the pill > poppin, > > punch throwin, > drunk dialin baldwin grab bag)
with the devil to persist in > this > > nonsense. > > > > > In Harpies he was
an NYPD cop that went back in time after accidentally > get > some > > amulets
and inserting them into a glowing egg of some sort. Back > in time he > >
demands entry into the Lord's castle by demanding that he let > Nicky from the
> > NYPD in. It gets worse, but I won't describe anymore to you. > I don't have
to, > > even if you haven't seen it, you know how bad it is. > > > > > This
pointless, directionless rant brought to you by the letter C for > > >
craptastic.Aubrey Leatherwoodwww.aubreyleatherwood.comFaceBook * MySpaceThe > >
> People You Know, The Sex They HaveROMANTIC TIMES NOMINEE FOR BEST
CONTEMPORARY > > > EROTICA 2008ISBN: 978-0-9818905-0-0Lyrical Press. Inc > > >

_________________________________________________________________ > > > Windows
Live�: E-mail. Chat. Share. Get more ways to connect. > > >
http://windowslive.com/explore?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_t2_allup_explore_012009 > > >
> > > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQdwk8Yntds >
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQdwk8Yntds > > > > > >
goes where you go. On a PC, on the Web, on your phone. >
http://www.windowslive-hotmail.com/learnmore/versatility.aspx#mobile?ocid=TXT_TA
 GHM_WL_HM_versatility_121208 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQdwk8Yntds

Windows Live™ Hotmail®…more than just e-mail.
http://windowslive.com/howitworks?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_t2_hm_justgotbetter_howitworks_012009