Hi Samuel,

WOM api is recommended in remote using, for local use, object functions are
recommended.

   -
   http://wiking.vulcan.com/dev/index.php/Extension:Wiki_Object_Model/Functions
   -

http://wiking.vulcan.com/dev/index.php/Extension:Wiki_Object_Model/ObjectModels

As to sentence object, sentence object is not a standard Wiki object.
It is treated as an 'object collection', which may contain the following
object types.  ( extensions\WikiObjectModel\includes\WOM_Setup.php
$wgOMSentenceObjectTypes )

   - text
   - property (SMW)
   - link
   - category
   - magicword
   - template field holder ( {{{xxx}}} )

The first code piece in the sample is to get the first sentence object.
Code piece to get the 'first text' is not there. Text object is inside
sentence object.
Sorry for the misleading, I just update the document.

http://wiking.vulcan.com/dev/index.php/Extension:Wiki_Object_Model/Functions#Set_Wiki_object

Hope it will help.

Thanks,
Ning