On 09-Sep-11 5:22 AM, Srini RamaKrishnan wrote:

> http://cheeni.posterous.com/whats-the-role-of-consumerism-in-the-modern-w
>
> No doubt your eagle eyes will find any logical flaws, but also ask me
> a bunch of questions, and tell me where I'm wrong.

I, too, have a bunch of mostly uncoooked thoughts on this topic (fuel
for the next time we meet up) but I'll just toss one of them out to see
your response:

The "one" in the phrase "tribe of one" is a matter of context (and,
therefore, so is "tribe"). E.g, a "tribe" can be thought of as a unit in
some contexts, like in your example of ant colonies [1].

Similarly, an individual human being [2] can be thought of as a
plurality or a colony consciousness [3] depending on the semantic
perspective.

What does this do to your main thesis (I'm not sure what it is, actually.)?

Udhay

[1] https://sciencehouse.wordpress.com/2009/05/16/the-collective-conscious/
[2] All 4 words here being intentionally singular. :)
[3] http://www.wired.com/medtech/health/news/2004/10/65252