Norm's snipped quote:

[...the silver might turn opaque really fast...]

'Contaminants'...for me it's all about contaminants, be they in the air, in the
water, in the production or storage vessel or from blinking as I walk past my
setup.  There are so many possible ways for contamination to creep into the
process.

If I have a clear solution, then it must be just that...clear with a 'sheen' to
the water, a 'pure' clear.  If I get a solution which is lemon yellow...then it
must be a 'clean' pure lemon yellow, not tainted in any way, golden
yellow...same again, must be pure golden.

If any colour is pure and clean then I am well satisfied with what I have, if
any colour is 'tainted' and not a 'pure' colour then I have some contaminant
present, or something else happening, and if I've done pretty much all I can do
to eliminate contaminants and that 'something else happening' in the production
process, then what that contaminant is only humpty dumpty and/or the kings men
would know.

That's my 'quality assurance' technique, clarity of colour is my cornerstone
and reassures me contaminants have been kept to a minimum, can't eliminate
them, but I've kept them to a minimum.  And I know popular opinion in some
circles is for clear solutions but I don't accept that, never have.

N.

Shopping Trolley Mechanic If It Exists, You'll Find it on SEEK
http://clk.atdmt.com/NMN/go/157639755/direct/01/