At 02:58 PM 1/15/2010, you wrote:
That's my 'quality assurance' technique, clarity of colour is my cornerstone and reassures me contaminants have been kept to a minimum, can't eliminate them, but I've kept them to a minimum. And I know popular opinion in some circles is for clear solutions but I don't accept that, never have.

Neville,
I have always wanted perfectly water clear CS. Would use light yellow or straw color though. But I didn't care for darker golden yellow, though that used to be the preferred color, I think. Since my distiller died, and I am not replacing it right away, I am trying to relax my color opinions a bit, but will be noticing whether I can determine any lessened effectiveness should my CS begin going yellow again due to vagaries of purchased distilled water.