At 07:54 PM 1/19/2010, you wrote:

Brooks,

When you get the chance I have one question for you regarding DMSO and CS. That is.... is it safe to mix 5 - 10% DMSO and CS to use as a nasal and sinus wash? Since DMSO is so effective at breaking the mucosal barrier it would seem to me an effective way of dealing with germs in the sinus cavity. Looking forward to your response.

I'm not Brooks, and I don't know if my experience is of any interest to you, but I use CS/DMSO as nose drops when needed, and would not hesitate to use it in my neti pot if needed. I do keep the percentage of DMSO under 5% for this purpose though, about 1 to 2%. I have read that DMSO is an effective transporter at 2%, and from my experience using it with my pet rabbits (ear drops and nebulizing) I believe it to be effective at 1%. And 1% or 2% doesn't burn in the nose like higher percentages do. I also add MSM for nasal use as it reduces irritation and drying sol