  From: polo
  To: silver-list@eskimo.com
  Sent: Wednesday, January 20, 2010 9:46 AM
  Subject: Re: CS>one for brooks

  Bob.

      It has been my experience that CS will not curb bleeding. In my specialty
of pulmonary bleeding on the race track, horses tend to bleed and the
traditional veterinary protocol is to inject them with lasix, a diuretic, which
some times helps. Many times, it does not. Also, vets seem not to know why
performance horses bleed from the lungs. It is my experience and theory that
they bleed because they have a biofilm lung infection which is very hard to
diagnose, culture and treat with conventional antibiotics. DMSO and CS seems
some what effective as long as we can work around the state ban on DMSO given
in the vicinity time frame of a race. I think liposomal CS may offer a much
needed option to striking at the heart of this bleeding problem by aiming at
the offending biofilm infection and not be curbing the bleeding directly per se.

  doug