Hi Vicki,
Sounds like you're doing some smart things, As a chronic Lymie of 45+ years,
I'm definitely not a fan of abx, but Doxycycline, 6 week's worth, will stop
acute Lyme (recently bitten) and resolve it if administered right away.

 alldaychemist.com is an offshore source (without a prescription) for generic
doxy, where I just placed an order for some to have on hand in case any of my
loved ones are ever bitten. It's a reputable source with good, reliable
products, very cheap, but shipping is high and not super fast. (Also, they've
recently switched payment methods from credit cards to money orders and such,
so less convenient) That's worrisome for your situation. If you can get even a
couple weeks of doxy from a local doctor until you can get more on your own,
that's what I would do in your situation. Most docs will prescribe doxy after
an obvious bull's eye Lyme rash, but not for long enough to truly nip it in the
bud, as experienced and recognized by most if the Lyme community.

Warning: I'm not a doc, only a lymie lab-rat, with no credentials to give
medical advice, only to share what I've learned and experienced on several Lyme
groups over 6 years.

Once this bite goes chronic and the pathogens have found their desired hiding
places, it's a much more complicated, costly, and uncertain health problem that
I wouldn't wish on anyone. You have a small, very important window of
opportunity to save yourself years of struggle and heartache. Best of luck.

Be well,
Léna