Part of the tick may still be in your arm. If you swab directly with oregano, you may overdose your skin which could create some of the reaction. Some oils penetrate better than others. Tea tree, clove, lavender penetrate. Mixing your oregano with jojoba and those other oils could be a better way than straight oregano. I would be tempted to keep it cold at first while you zap with a battery. In a few days, alternating heat and cold could be beneficial. Isopropyl alcohol may not be as good as vodka or everclear. Vitamin C, several grams could be good. If you have respiratory allergic reactions, baking soda and or choline may help. If you zapp, be aware that local burns are possible. You can feel this happening. Avoid it by increasing the area of the damp sponges/ paper towels or decreasing the voltage.