As your link to Mercolas article shows, the vaccine issue is very controversial. Having seen the devastation of shingles, I think this should be big news, and once again brings to question the market driven ethics of pharmaceuticals;

New research published in the International Journal of Toxicology by Gary S. Goldman, Ph.D., reveals high rates of shingles (herpes zoster) in Americans since the government's 1995 recommendation that all children receive chicken pox vaccine.

Goldman's research supports that*shingles, which results in three times as many deaths and five times the number of hospitalizations as chicken pox,* is suppressed naturally by occasional contact with chicken pox.

Dr. Goldman's findings have corroborated other independent researchers who estimate that*if chickenpox were to be nearly eradicated by vaccination, the higher number of shingles cases could continue in the U.S. for up to 50 years; and that while death rates from chickenpox are already very low, any deaths prevented by vaccination will be offset by deaths from increasing shingles disease.
*
http://www.news-medical.net/news/2005/09/01/12896.aspx

Smallpox (not chickenpox) apparently wiped out native Americans when Europeans made their awful invasion. There is reasonable documentation that the greatly hailed vaccination was in fact not responsible for the decline in smallpox.

http://www.vaclib.org/intro/present/index3.htm

It is claimed that smallpox has been iradicated from the planet except in labs but that we have some stockpile of smallpox vaccines "in case it breaks out"

How weird is that?  crazy world.....