Hi Reece:

It has a lot to do with it, because making EIS should have no impact on pH.

I test the pH of the distilled water to gauge its quality. Pure water is pH neutral (7.0).

I test the pH after brewing, and there should not be a significant change.

If I start with a Ph of 7.0, and up with a pH of 5.5, then there is a contamination issue with the process.

It's just an added extra control to verify quality.

~Jason