Huh?  The tube is clear PVC and is the same from one end to the other, and only
black for the few inches it goes through the magnetic
field. Are you saying that the PVC is affected by the magnetic field?  And if
so, why just on the inside of the tube, instead of
througout the volume of the part in the magnetic field? I am quite certain the
blackening is silver deposits.

Marshall