The question then:
 Does the plastic heat more than the food?
..probably not.

 In order to do so, the plastic would have to absorb microwaves better than
the water in food.
 If it does, the plastic would probably melt while the food was still cool.
 If it doesn't, the temperature of the food would heat up the plastic but
won't likely exceed 212 deg F so long as you're not making charcoal
briquettes out of your chicken.

The temperature to pop popcorn exceeds 212 deg because the kernal is sealed
and acts like a pressure cooker, raising the boiling point of water.  At 15
PSI over atmospheric water boils at around 350 Deg F.
 Plastic microwave corn poppers abound. [Not made of Saran wrap, of course]

 Simple experiment:
 Toss a wad of Saran wrap in the microwave. [Probably not the best thing to
do to a microwave, but 'science' makes it an acceptable risk.]

I just did.  It didn't get beyond barely detectably warm...and my fingers
are cold this morning.
One minute in the nuker that would have boiled an equal volume of water
raised the temp only a few degrees.

 Conclusion:
 Saran wrap doesn't absorb microwaves worth a hoot...even less than glass.

 I'll buy the Snopes story.

Ode