I would advise you get to a Dr. to have that checked. It may just be a sprain,
but if you tore the bursa sac then it will not heal like a sprain, but will
continue to swell and hurt. The only way to check for a bursa sac rupture is
with an x-ray < at least to my knowledge> and the usual procedure is a shot of
<cortizone?> directly into the injury. I know this due to my ex having done
this to his knee, he is 28 now and is still fighting with this problem healing
to some degree, though it has mostly healed after almost 2 1/2 yrs. <he wasnt
able to get the proper treatment at the time, and later it took longer to heal
due to further damaging the tear>
  One symtom he had was extreme tenderness when he set weight on that knee,
though i dont know if they are all due to have this symptom, though if it has
this, I wouldnt hesitate but would immediately find a Dr.
  Hope you heal soon, whatever the problem.            Lisa.

Deborah Gerard <devorah...@yahoo.com> wrote:
  You might have to let it just rest for awhile I know it is really bad to limp
on it because you can get the muscle sequence out of whack...I also learned
that shoes that are worn down on the sides can cause your knee's to hurt
also.....debbie

Marshalee Hallett <utahpug...@izikoo.com> wrote:           Hi! Anyone have any
suggestions for a sore and swollen knee?
  I think I sprained the darn thing when my Pug wanted to go out in the middle
of the night, and in the dark I stepped on a bit of dog chewy. That hurt my
wonky foot, so I stepped off it quickly, and came down funny.
  This was a couple of weeks ago, and since then it pops and snaps, and it
hurts like holy hanna when it does!
  I have been keeping the hot pad on it and taking Ibuprofen occasionally.
  Seems to be the ligamenty thing that holds the kneecap on, as the pain isn`t
deep in the joint. Ideas??
  Marshalee

countries) for 2ยข/min or less.