Morning Marshalee,

>>At 08:40 AM 9/8/2006, you wrote:

Xrays showed the beginnings of wearing out the meniscus cartilege, and the doc localized the pain in the ligament on the inside of my knee.

   I have followed the thread with interest.

I have a question or two because I ask and observe these factors with all my friends and relatives who have any type of bone and joint problem.

Over the last 3, 5 , or 10 years, how much time have you spent in the direct sunlight?
This is important to me and others.

The other question is,  How much vitamin D and what type do you take every day?

I have many friends who have bone, joint, and disk problems. These are old, young, slim, fat, you name it. All shapes, forms and fashions.

The one thing they all have in common is this............
They have never worked a day in their life in the sun with their shirt off.

Of course some of them have not worked, ........ period.

Some degree of stress on the bone is important.

One friend makes the hay bales light, 50 to 65 pounds, so that his wife can handle them. This is very important to her bone health. She is 70 PLUS years old, no bone or joint problems, and still handles the hay bales.

Work is a blessing in disguise.   It must be done if one is to be heathy.

Wayne