--- Panu Horsmalahti <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> 2007/6/4, Matt Mahoney <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>
> > If you are looking for a computer
> > simulations of a human mind, you will be disappointed, because there is no
> > economic incentive to build such a thing.
> >
> > -- Matt Mahoney, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >

> IBM Blue Brain project or CCortex?

Those are research projects.  What I mean is that for commercial applications
we want to build systems that have human capabilities (especially language),
but subservient to us and without human weaknesses like limited memory or
dishonesty.  For example, Google is pouring lots of resources into solving
language and vision, but they are not trying to build AGI.  We also need
research projects like Blue Brain or Novamente to do this.

-- Matt Mahoney, [EMAIL PROTECTED]