2007/9/10, Matt Mahoney <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> - Human belief in consciousness and subjective experience is universal and
> accepted without question.

It isn't.

  Any belief programmed into the brain through
> natural selection must be true in any logical system that the human mind
> can
> comprehend.

1. Provide evidence that any belief at all is "programmed into the brain
through natural selection"
2. Provide evidence for the claim that these supposed beliefs "must be true
in any logical system that the human mind can comprehend."

I don't think natural selection has had enough time to program any beliefs
about consciousness into our brains, as philosophical discussion about these
issues has been around for only a couple of thousand years. Also, disbelief
in consciousness doesn't mean that the individual suddenly stops to
reproduce or kills itself (I remember you claiming this, I might be wrong
though).
Matt, you have frequently 'hijacked' threads about consciousness with these
claims, so maybe you could tell us reasons to believe in them?