Yea, for two lines, get a couple of Linksys spa3102's (shudder...  did I
just recommend that?) and have them connect direct to voip.ms and be done
with it.  Voip.ms has a good set of instructions for setting up the 3102's.

Leave out the complexity of a phone system.

Mike

On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 9:51 PM, Philippe Laurent <p...@ideos.com> wrote:

> Thanks folks! Pure play Voip.ms was my first inclination (I cut my own home
> bill to 1/10 of what it was using them), but I was concerned about the
> shelter freaking out over the 'what do you mean I can't get the phones from
> Walmart' syndrome, and doubled back on that thought. Also the cost of SIP
> devices (whether 802.11 or DECT based) was also a concern, but the yearly
> savings will heavily offset that investment.
>
> I appreciate helping me see the light... sipX is the right thing to do, but
> only under the right circumstances.
>
> FYI Gabe, the TWBC folks don't hand off SIP lines at all, only analog
> termination, hence the hesitation.
>

> On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 7:09 PM, Gabe Casey
> <gca...@franklinamerican.com>wrote:
>
>> Tw should be able to hand off a sip line if that can be done your job will
>> be much easier/cheaper I bet the device they drp off is an ata/cable modem
>> anyway
>>
>> Sent from my iPhone
>>
>> On Mar 29, 2011, at 4:07 PM, Philippe Laurent <p...@ideos.com> wrote:
>>
>> Folks -
>>
>> Of all the knowledgeable goodness on this list, I know that someone can
>> point me in the right direction for this project.
>>
>> Client: Local Humane Society
>>
>> Case: Time Warner cable (TWBC) offering a promo for one free line with the
>> purchase of broadband. With this deal, and the need to have one more line
>> (at $43/month), cost of $22/line. Termination is analog.
>>
>>  Problem: We want both numbers to ring when someone calls, as if the
>> lines were bridged, and we want to be able to use both lines for both
>> inbound and outbound calls. Apparently TWBC cannot bridge the lines.
>>
>> Solution? Non-profit, so not a great deal to spend. My work is free.
>> 1. Deal with it. (Not a great solution).
>> 2. Get a Patton or Audiocodes FXO (2) interface device ($) and connect an
>> instance of sipX to it. Provision with something like the wireless IP
>> Quickphone.
>> 3. Get a Patton or Audiocodes FXO (2) /FXS (2) interface device, connect
>> the FXO to sipX, and the FXS to regular analog phones.
>> 4. Abandon the TWBC deal and instead go for a pure play voip.ms solution
>> over their broadband, using wireless and wired IP phones.
>> 5. Other?
>>
>> Any brief input would be most appreciated.
>>
>> Philippe

>> This message contains confidential information. If you are not the named
>> addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please
>> notify the sender immediately if you have received this e-mail by mistake
>> and delete this e-mail from your system. Finally, the recipient should check
>> this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The company
>> accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this
>> email.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary and
those who don't.

mpic...@gmail.com
blog: http://www.sipxecs.info
call: sip:mpic...@sipxecs.info