On 3/30/11 5:27 PM, Tim Ingalls wrote:
instead of a user friendly gui (BB) for a phone system/pbx, its a GUI to help you edit freeswitch xml files ..
there is a difference.

I'm not really seeing what the difference is.
yep, thats the problem with BB.  they don't know the difference either.
a GOOD GUI will ABSTRACT THE UNDERLYING CRAP, not just present screens for a user to fill in xml arguments.

try this in BB:

Call FWD an inbound DID to an outbound number if no answer.

(assume that the ITSP/sip trunk and accounts are already set up)

in sipx: (first..) you add a user, put the DID in as an alias, click on 'forward' put in outbound number.

in BB with FS:

go ahead. don't just pretend you know how to do it, actually do it and document the steps.

as for sipx wiki: there is a VERY old one with all kinds of wrong information on it that sipx doesn't control.

and BB? 2600hz's own web site has a lot of very wrong information on setting up BB.

so, one simple thing:
from start to finish: how do you set up a DID that can FWD a call to an external number?

then, point to the wiki or documentation on BB that matches your test?

yes, (well, no) I was NEVER ABLE TO DO IT. had the BB developer access my test BB to do it.

another: email a voicemail? doesn't work. know why? BB developer didn't. wanted shell access. answer? the FS server didn't have /usr/sbin in path.

freepbx might be easy, but BB is NOT.
it is NOT freepbx+  it is NOT freepbx 3.0 or 4.0.

BB developer said that the documentation I need is freeswitch documentation. that is why I don't need BB documentation.

other deficiencies:

AA doesn't have a dial by name, and the 'text to speech' that MIGHT be supported in the AA, doesn't work (again, no way to diagnose, and I would need to give them shell access to my FS box to have them tell me why) even though I installed EVERYTHING like their documentation said to.

--
Michael Scheidell, CTO
o: 561-999-5000
>*| *SECNAP Network Security Corporation

   * Best Intrusion Prevention Product, Networks Product Guide
   * Certified SNORT Integrator
   * Hot Company Award, World Executive Alliance
   * Best in Email Security, 2010 Network Products Guide
   * King of Spam Filters, SC Magazine