Joegen,

I think the dropped calls was a reference to a totally different problem...
 No Jira has been provided or any other information on the problem just a
vague reference to a problem the person had 2 years ago.

Mike

On Fri, Dec 30, 2011 at 8:59 AM, Joegen Baclor <jbac...@ezuce.com> wrote:

> I won't touch the subject of VPRI because it is not relevant to the
> actual issue.  All there is to it are INVITES and REGISTERS that are
> either authenticated via user name or password or via an ACL which we
> here call IP Auth.  What receives them on the other end can have any
> name it wants.  What is not clear to me and I am honestly confused what
> you mean by "authenticate once based on IP over a user name/password".
> Would you mind giving a call flow to enlighten me?
>

> On 12/30/2011 06:10 AM, m...@grounded.net wrote:
> > I need to install 4 separate sipx systems in four separate locations. No
> interoffice communications.
> > All of the sipx systems could benefit from the use of a VPRI rather than
> traditional.
> >
> > I use ITSP's for individual lines when we need an area code that our
> local telco cannot handle.
> > On sipx, I usually just  create an ITSP device in the gateway section
> and let it authenticate via user name/password.
> >
> > In this case, due to the number of lines per server (4 to 8), it doesn't
> seem like a good idea to authenticate each and every DID individually for
> example and would prefer using an IP based authentication for the whole
> server.
> >
> > I'll be using flowroute for the systems but am not sure how to configure
> sipx to authenticate once based on IP over a user name/password. I don't
> see anything which would allow me to do this in the Gateway configuration
> section.
> >
> > Can someone shed some light on this please.
> >
> > Thanks very much.
> >
> > Mike

Michael Picher, Director of Technical Services
eZuce, Inc.

300 Brickstone Square****

Suite 201****

Andover, MA. 01810