That's only an issue with live referencing, which is a pretty bad way to go
about it.
Versioned referencing will not hold any surprises as you control when a rig
reaches what shots. It's a matter of asset management, not of referencing
VS localized.
If anything localizing takes a liberty away from you, it doesn't ADD
security :)

On Wed, May 22, 2013 at 6:36 PM, Sandy Sutherland <sandy.mailli...@gmail.com

--
Our users will know fear and cower before our software! Ship it! Ship it
and let them flee like the dogs they are!