Regardelss of whether one might or might not be happy with the feature
list, I think it should be given to the team that they have put some
serious effort into keeping in touch with the community and going out of
their way to integrate into it, even in the face of some serious negativity
(the hostility here and in other places was pretty high in the beginning).

Given that's always been as much a defining trait of Softimage as the
software itself might have been, at least a tip of the hat is probably long
overdue :)