I'm a little unsure what the problem people have with him is too. Maybe I
am just missing something? Aren't there are licensing fee associated with
lots of technologies? They are then built into the cost to the consumery.
Is it really cost prohibitive because he asks for too much or something? Or
does he just not allow anyone to expand on his patented process?

Freelance 3D and VFX animator

http://vimeopro.com/user7979713/3d-work