I'm currently using a rig with 2 kinects mounted on a "kind-of" moving
tripod, so I can track an actor that walk/run, since the Kinect sensor have
range limitations.
Works pretty well used with Ipi motion capture ( no head rotation tough ),
but is ok

I'm evaluating 3D equalizer as well for facial mocap, which works pretty
damn good, but it cost a lot, so maybe Syntheyes could be a valid
alternative ;)