On the other hand I found both rigging and animation in Maya makes me
vomit. But that may be due to fact that never mastered rigging in Maya
myself as after trying it in SI it was whole new world.
As for animation... ALL rigs I ever had to work with in Maya were made by
riggers that should better stay away from any rigging at all. Half-riggers
that makes half done, bad rigs that breaks and brings any comp to crawl
with like 4fps playback.
So unless you have like master rigger at hand.. don't count on good
animation in Maya.
And trust me most of small to medium studios and freelancers don't have
access to good rigger. And that is when nightmare starts and never ends