- use the "render local" option, which writes the images to a temp
   directory on the render machines, then copies to the server.
   - set chunk size to a large number to minimize the number of times the
   scene has to be loaded by the network machines
   - turn off any unnecessary aovs
   - try to set up local simulation caches on the render machines
   - don't know what renderer you're using, but most can save you a lot of
   disk read if you convert all textures to tiled mipmapped versions
   - for that matter, you might want to set up local texture caches too.