Maya also loads the scene at every frame? I was thinking only 3dsmax had this
awful behavior. If they would know how elegant softimage batch rendering
actually is…

From: softimage-boun...@listproc.autodesk.com
[mailto:softimage-boun...@listproc.autodesk.com] On Behalf Of Ed Manning
Sent: Friday, May 20, 2016 9:15 PM
To: softimage@listproc.autodesk.com
Subject: Re: Maya the server destroyer

*       use the "render local" option, which writes the images to a temp
directory on the render machines, then copies to the server.
*       set chunk size to a large number to minimize the number of times the
scene has to be loaded by the network machines
*       turn off any unnecessary aovs
*       try to set up local simulation caches on the render machines
*       don't know what renderer you're using, but most can save you a lot of
disk read if you convert all textures to tiled mipmapped versions
*       for that matter, you might want to set up local texture caches too.