From: softimage-boun...@listproc.autodesk.com
[mailto:softimage-boun...@listproc.autodesk.com] On Behalf Of David Saber
Sent: Tuesday, April 17, 2018 9:55 AM
To: softimage@listproc.autodesk.com
Subject: Re: The Maya Chronicles - or how retarded that software is...

Maya is full of surprises. Here's my story today:
I wanted to create a wavy surface so I got a polygon grid and selected every
second points and translated in Y.
Then I applied a smooth. The result was bizarre: only the edges were wavy
shaped, the rest was flat. I was not happy so I undid the smooth with CTRL+Z.
I should have recovered my grid with half of its points translated in Y... But
no. Some border vertices were translated in Y, all the rest of the grid was
flat... And of course my selection was lost.
I tried this a second time to be sure I didn't lose my mind and I got the same
result.
Great job Maya.
So I did in in XSI and exported an obj.
David