Hello everyone,

 I've been working on adapting one of my projects (a mmorpg) to use
soya3d instead of my own horrible pyopengl rendering engine :D  So
far, I love soya!  it solves a lot of problems I've been having.
Everything has been good so far, but I have some speed issues that I
can't quite put my finger on yet.  Recently friend comes over, so I
used the opportunity to see if my game will still run on windows with
the soya engine:

With the soya-0.13 for windows with python 2.4, the game runs
seamlessly, and the character (while not animated yet) moves across
the screen at a smooth and consistent rate, as expected. (see the end
of the email for information on the machines used)

On my machine, with soya-0.13.1 for linux with python 2.4, the game
runs very choppy;  the character skips across the screen rather than
smoothly moving.

My code manually updates the x/y/z of the model each time
"begin_round" is called on a particular world object, but I do not
believe this is the cause of the choppy movement.
I'd give frame rates, but I'm not sure how to derive them yet.

The server daemon itself was on a different computer.

Any thoughts on what might be causing this / possible optimization techniques?
For example, how might I go about limiting the game's fps, etc.

Thanks in advance :)

(obligatory machine info:)
--------  Friend's machine:
His machine is an AM-2 laptop with a nvidia chipset, and runs windows XP

--------  My Machine:
On my machine, I'm runnig, I have soya 0.13.1 installed, running in python 2.4.
I'm running Debian GNU/linux (unstable branch, though the I installed
soya manually because the package is horribly out of date in apt).  My
system is a intel core2duo laptop with a intel  945GM

I did not get the info soya dumps into the console from my friend's
machine, but mine returns this:
"""
libGL warning: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x69
do_wait: drmWaitVBlank returned -1, IRQs don't seem to be working correctly.
Try running with LIBGL_THROTTLE_REFRESH and LIBL_SYNC_REFRESH unset.
* Soya * Using 8 bits stencil buffer

* Soya * version 0.13.1
* Using OpenGL 1.3 Mesa 6.5.2
*   - renderer : Mesa DRI Intel(R) 945GM 20061017 x86/MMX/SSE2
*   - vendor   : Tungsten Graphics, Inc
*   - maximum number of lights        : 8
*   - maximum number of clip planes   : 6
*   - maximum number of texture units : 8
*   - maximum texture size            : 2048 pixels
"""

According to glxinfo, I have direct rendering.