hmmmm.... that puts me at square one again.  Well, I'm learning ^_^
so its actually faster the way I have it right now...

The body instances right now are things like individual tiles etc or
segments of a wall,
putting together tho room much like one would with sprites.

I guess it makes sense a bit as to why performance gets better as less
Body instances are
visible.

Another idea:
Would it be a good idea to make a custom body class that passes on
things like advance time?
the background isn't supposed to move at all, so if theres
calculations that will happen anyway, maybe I should strip that off...

Also, I'm not convinced its the poly count thats causing this.  The
problems are indiscriminate of how nice the machine of use is, and my
models are fairly simple.

On 6/19/07, Souvarine <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I don't think that would work. If I understand well what you want to do
> (I apologise if I don't) , you plan to put every static not animated
> body of your level into a world and then compil that world into a single
> static model right ? If you do this then every faces of every bodys of
> your world will be rendered at each frame ! This will slow everything.
> Using one body for each object in your world allow soya not to render
> bodys that are not visible.
>
> The best thing I found out to speed up soya is space partitioning, ie
> using quick sort systems to find out very quickly which bodys are
> visible by the camera and which are not. Bodys that are not visible are
> not rendered and advance_time method of non visible bodys is not called.
>
> Souvarine.
>

> Lunpa, The wrote:
> > I remember seeing that world files can be compiled into single models
> > for efficiency:
> > So, I'm imagining this scenario as to be what I should do when a level
> > loads:
> > 1) load up the terrain models
> > 2) load body instances into a separate world instance
> > 3) compile that world instance into a model
> > 4) load said new model into the root world instance
> > 5) clear out the body data and the temporary world instance
> >
> > World this work?  And is it closer to the intended way of using soya?
> > Also, what would be the best way to clear out the temporary World and
> > Body Instances?
> > would a simple "del temp_world" do the trick, or do I need to do
> > something more elaborate?

This email message is public domain.  Have a nice day! ^_^