As far as I'm aware, gpl3's "restrictions" are that which disallow
things like DRM that harm the end user.  I have no objects to soya
going gpl3, as I do not feel it restricts me as either a developer or
a user;  however gpl2 is also adequate for my needs, so it really
matters very little to me which one we use.

On Dec 3, 2007 8:11 PM, marmoute <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On 4 déc. 07, at 00:36, Jiba wrote:
>
> > I'm also thinking about updating the licence from GPL v2 to GPL v3.
> > As Soya was under the "GPL v2 or any later version" licence, this
> > should not cause any problem. However any comment is welcome :-)
>
> As GPL v3 is much more "restrictive" and viral than the v2 I'm not so
> sure I agree soya to "update" to this new version. Does anyone have a
> good  pro/cos paper about GLP version updating ?

This email message is public domain.  Have a nice day! ^_^