I am currently looking at the same situation, only rather than a restaurant I'm at an OLD grain mill. It's now being renovated but trying to keep as much as they can from the Mill. My "lego" ceiling will be located in a flower shop and the pockets are 5'3 x 4' and are 56" deep! My heart stopped when I looked at it. Here's the kicker, it's all heavy timber. So, are sprinklers required?
Carole Holmes Kalamazoo, MI -----Original Message----- From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Ed Kramer Sent: Wednesday, February 07, 2007 10:44 PM To: [email protected] Subject: RE: pockets vs obstructed Greg - What's the spacing of the sides of the 'lego's'? If they're 3' to 7.5' on-center, it likely does qualify as obstructed construction. And if they're not more than 22" deep (or close to that), sprinkler spacing should be fairly simple. Ed Kramer Littleton, CO >The ceiling looks like the bottom of my sons lego's! >How many soffits / pockets does it take to consider a ceiling obstructed >construction rather than trying to protect every small pocket? _______________________________________________ Sprinklerforum mailing list [email protected] http://lists.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum _______________________________________________ Sprinklerforum mailing list [email protected] http://lists.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum
