Only required when using Large Drop sprinknlers. 8.4.7.2.1

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Todd Williams
- FPDC
Sent: Sunday, May 18, 2008 9:13 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: Missing

Charles,

I think only FM had the requirement for galvanized pipe on dry 
systems. Everybody else suggested it as a good idea. Of course, it 
does give you a hydraulic advantage and I always recommend it for 
outdoor installation, especially in coastal areas for durability reasons.

Todd


At 08:40 PM 5/18/2008, you wrote:
>Hello sprinklerforum,
>
>   I think I am missing something. IF my old brain remembers it was 
> a requirement for dry pipe systems to use Galvanized Pipe, But were 
> allowed to use black iron fittings. I am unable to find that in the 
> 2007 edition of 13, Am I dreaming, or was it deleted, or where is it now?
>
>--
>Best regards,
>Charles Thurston CET
>Coastal Fire Protection
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
>
>_______________________________________________
>Sprinklerforum mailing list
>[email protected]
>http://lists.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum
>
>To Unsubscribe, send an email to:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>(Put the word unsubscribe in the subject field)

Todd G. Williams, PE
Fire Protection Design/Consulting
Stonington, Connecticut
www.fpdc.com
860.535.2080  
_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum

To Unsubscribe, send an email to:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
(Put the word unsubscribe in the subject field)

No virus found in this incoming message.
Checked by AVG. 
Version: 7.5.524 / Virus Database: 269.23.20/1453 - Release Date: 5/18/2008
9:31 AM
 

No virus found in this outgoing message.
Checked by AVG. 
Version: 7.5.524 / Virus Database: 269.23.20/1453 - Release Date: 5/18/2008
9:31 AM
 

_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum

To Unsubscribe, send an email to:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
(Put the word unsubscribe in the subject field)

Reply via email to