8.4.7.2 of the 2007 NFPA 13 states:

8.4.7.2* Galvanized Pipe.
8.4.7.2.1 Where steel pipe is used in preaction and dry pipe
systems, piping materials shall be limited to internally galvanized
steel.
8.4.7.2.2 Nongalvanized fittings shall be permitted.

*A.8.4.7.2 The purpose of this requirement is to avoid scale
accumulation.


Craig L. Prahl, CET   
Fire Protection Group
Mechanical Department
CH2MHILL
Lockwood Greene
1500 International Drive
PO Box 491, Spartanburg, SC  29304-0491
Direct - 864.599.4102
Fax - 864.599.8439
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.ch2m.com 

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Coastal
Sent: Sunday, May 18, 2008 8:40 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Missing

Hello sprinklerforum,

  I think I am missing something. IF my old brain remembers it was a
requirement for dry pipe systems to use Galvanized Pipe, But were
allowed to use black iron fittings. I am unable to find that in the 2007
edition of 13, Am I dreaming, or was it deleted, or where is it now?

--
Best regards,
Charles Thurston CET
Coastal Fire Protection
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]


_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum

To Unsubscribe, send an email
to:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
(Put the word unsubscribe in the subject field)
_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum

To Unsubscribe, send an email to:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
(Put the word unsubscribe in the subject field)

Reply via email to