My successor will get it when I retire. Thus it's not my problem. If I depart prematurely it's still not my problem. I'll be snowboarding on a higher plain of existence.
Last year I tried to get rid of almost 20 year of some fire mags. I only ended up with one taker. In the past when I've inherited stuff from others to be honest most of it goes in the garbage. For the most part I don't know what is there and don't really have time to look over the life's work of others. I can't even keep up with my own life's work. I save code books and texts but even those I have almost never opened. I do love my 1936 mint condition NFPA 13. Chris Cahill, P.E. Fire Protection Engineer Sentry Fire Protection, Inc. 763-658-4483 763-658-4921 fax Email: [email protected] Mail: P.O. Box 69 Waverly, MN 55390 Location: 4439 Hwy 12 SW Waverly, MN 55390 -----Original Message----- From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Bill Brooks Sent: Tuesday, February 02, 2010 9:28 AM To: [email protected] Subject: Mansions in the Sky (No Place for NFPA Standards) Someday when I head up to my big mansion in the sky (hopefully my destination) I'm hoping the 13D system is in place. My assumption is that all of the residences are new because once you move in you don't move out. Thankfully I did not have to leave this earthly realm before the adoption of the 2009 IRC. Here's the situation. I have a lot of reference material that I've accumulated over the years, and I'd like to know how to get rid of all of it when that time comes. I know my wife may put it into the back of the big Land Rover SUV she's always wanted but that I've insisted uses too much gasoline and is too expensive to repair and haul it all off to the Anne Arundel County landfill where it's free dumping for county residents. What do the rest of you plan to do with all of your reference material? Where would be a good place to donate mine? Although my wife would prefer I take it with me, I don't believe that's possible. Bill Brooks William N. Brooks, P.E. Brooks Fire Protection Engineering Inc. 372 Wilett Drive Severna Park, MD 21146-1904 410-544-3620 410-544-3032 FAX 412-400-6528 Cell _______________________________________________ Sprinklerforum mailing list [email protected] http://fireball.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum For Technical Assistance, send an email to: [email protected] To Unsubscribe, send an email to:[email protected] (Put the word unsubscribe in the subject field) _______________________________________________ Sprinklerforum mailing list [email protected] http://fireball.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum For Technical Assistance, send an email to: [email protected] To Unsubscribe, send an email to:[email protected] (Put the word unsubscribe in the subject field)
