Yeah. It is a 4 head minimum calc. Even if each room has only 1 sprinkler, you 
still must calc 4 heads. 
Travis Mack, SET
MFP Design, LLC
www.mfpdesign.com

Sent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry®

-----Original Message-----
From: "Jamie.seidl" <[email protected]>
Sender: [email protected]
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2010 19:49:55 
To: [email protected]<[email protected]>
Reply-To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: Residential "Room Design Method"?

See, I really should read the whole email prior to posting.  If your full 13, 
you will still need to be at .10 gpm/sqft per spacing, and if your doing room 
design, you will still need to pick up 2 sprinklers in the communicating 
spaces...  Not many residential occupancies have rated doors...

Jamie
Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 29, 2010, at 7:24 PM, Carrol Glimstad <[email protected]> wrote:

> I'm designing a residential project using res. heads (LFII) and designing to 
> full NFPA 13.  When I calc my four heads using the "design area", I am 
> wondering 
> if I can use the room design method to determine my sprinkler demand?  For 
> instance, I have a room that measures 16' X 16', (256 sq. ft.) but the head 
> is 
> actually located 10 feet off of the 2 adjacent far walls.  If using the flow 
> rates from the chart I know that I need to flow 20 gpm from that head based 
> on 
> my maximum 20' x 20' spacing.  But If I'm using the .10 over the "design 
> area" 
> can I just use the demand of 25.6 gpm for that head (16' x 16' sq. ft.) 
> versus 
> the 40 gpm based on 20' x 20'?  I understand then I would then base my system 
> requirements on the more demanding of the two methods.  I can flow all four 
> heads at a 20 gpm no problem, but the 40 gpm from just one head.....ouch!
> I haven't done residential in a looooong time, so thought I'd check for the 
> heck 
> of it and I'm pretty sure I'll find instead that I'm full of it!   
> Thanks in advance!
>  
> Carrol Glimstad
> 
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> Sprinklerforum mailing list
> [email protected]
> http://fireball.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum
> 
> For Technical Assistance, send an email to: [email protected]
> 
> To Unsubscribe, send an email to:[email protected]
> (Put the word unsubscribe in the subject field)
_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://fireball.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum

For Technical Assistance, send an email to: [email protected]

To Unsubscribe, send an email to:[email protected]
(Put the word unsubscribe in the subject field)
_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://fireball.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum

For Technical Assistance, send an email to: [email protected]

To Unsubscribe, send an email to:[email protected]
(Put the word unsubscribe in the subject field)

Reply via email to