On 2008-04-17 22:24, Lukasz Szybalski wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 17, 2008 at 3:04 PM, Rick Morrison <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> It's a two-line change that pops the new keyword out of the config dict just
>> like the others that were added.
>>
>> Mike, can you take a quick look at mssql.py line 804 and see why this might
>> be complaining? I've got to run out.
>>

> well I don't know if that is a right place to add  that?
>
> from the code this what it would expect
> e = sqlalchemy.create_engine("mssql://xxx:[EMAIL
> PROTECTED]:1433/xxx?odbc_options=Driver=TDS;TDS_Version=8.0")
> vs you said you wanted:
> sqlalchemy.create_engine('mssql://xxx:[EMAIL
> PROTECTED]:1433/xxxx',odbc_options='DRIVER={TDS};TDS_Version=8.0')
>
> to create
> Server=xx;Database=xx;Port=1433;UID=xx;PWD=xxx;Driver={TDS};TDS_Version=8.0

Reading this thread, I keep wondering why you are trying to put
all that connection setup configuration into the connection string...

Such setting are normally configured in the odbc.ini file and then
you just reference data source name in the connection string.

That's the standard way of using ODBC and the reason why you
have ODBC managers with nice setup GUIs. A DSN-less setup
like the one created by SA bypasses the ODBC manager
configuration.

SA should really adapt to the ODBC standard of using data source
names, as it moves the connection configuration where it should be:
Into the scope of the ODBC manager you are using to configure your
ODBC drivers.

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Apr 18 2008)