On Sat, 28 Jan 2017 11:49:19 +1100
"dandl" <da...@andl.org> wrote:

> There are plenty of older C compilers used in various niche
> applications: embedded, pricey vendor dev kit not updated, etc.
> Obviously not many of them using Sqlite, but you never know...

I wonder what pricey embedded environment both supports dlopen(2) and
does not support C99, in this day and age.

And I'm unsympathetic. SQLite is in the public domain, so that anyone
can use it however they like.  That doesn't oblige SQLIte to cater to
the most unpublic, renegade environments.  If some proprietary software
can't take advantage of something made freely available, I would wish
only for tougher noogies.

--jkl