On Sun, 29 Jan 2017 21:40:23 -0500
Richard Hipp <d...@sqlite.org> wrote:

> On 1/29/17, James K. Lowden <jklow...@schemamania.org> wrote:
> >
> > I wonder what pricey embedded environment both supports dlopen(2)
> > and does not support C99, in this day and age.
>
> One of the test platforms for SQLite is an old iBook I bought back in
> approximately 2002.  Dunno if it support C99 or not, but I suspect
> not, as there is quite a bit it does not support.

What compiler and OS are you using?  The pcc and gcc compilers both
support C99 on the PPC architecture.

> This is a important test platform because it uses a PPC CPU, which
> means it is big-endian and thus serves to verify that SQLite works on
> both big-endian and little-ending machines and that the database files
> are freely interchangeable.

I am glad you do this.  I used to do the same for FreeTDS using
Sparcstation.

If you are interested in upgrading the SQLite core to C99, I'm
willing to do the legwork and can supply the needed paperwork.  I know
we can find a compiler for your PPC machine, and I bet if need be we can
port pcc to whatever you're running.   (ISTM enlisting pcc would add to
SQLite's portability, btw.)

--jkl