oyvindo wrote:
> Exactly my experience as well. But are you saying that yo have been able
> to do Export/Import from CLI and successfully made it through a
> simulated disaster recovery of LMS? If, so - I'd love to learn how.
>

> Shairtunes is new to me. I tried to read the forum to understand what it
> does, but failed. Is there a basic explanation someplace as to what this
> Shairtunes actually is?
> And by the way, you mentioned 'Phillipe' - is that the same 'Philippe'
> that made the CastBridge? (Their names spell differently).

On the name in the second part, yes it's the same Philippe - my bad,
didn't double check I'd spelt his name correctly.

Shairtunes allows any Squeeze player to act as an Airplay receiver, so
you can Airplay to them directly from Apple devices, not something I use
a lot, but that feature allowed me to remove all of my old Apple Airplay
infrastructure.

On the Docker state backup, possible leads are commands from within
Docker CLI:

"Docker commit" takes a snapshot of the container and creates an image
that can be loaded from a private repository. Not clear whether this
snapshot includes the r/w container layer or not.

"Docker save ( & load)" which saves the container with all layers,
although again that isn't specifically clear about saving the r/w
container layer, only mentions the this could be wasteful of resources
because it saves child containers as file layers, so when "load"ing them
back on a different host you could be duplicating containers that
already exist on that host.

"Export/Import" Which only saves the top file layer, i.e the container,
which I initially read as the r/w layer when I was researching late last
night, but in retrospect maybe refers to the container excluding any
child containers.

Definitely more reading and playing to be done around this area, when I
get the time.

I've downloaded and installed another LMS Docker image and that has Perl
5.20.2 in it, so looks promising for my Shairtunes issue, next step is
to check I can get Philippe's Shairtunes (forked for Windows) plugin in
and running, then I'll swap over to that container and configure
everything back up on that.

Kev