oyvindo wrote:
> @Kev
> Thanks for your report. Always nice to know one is not alone out here
> :-)
> Just one "dumb" question; During first time init of LMS, the first thing
> you're asked is username and password for SN. On that page, (lower left
> corner), there is an option to skip this registration. What did you do?
> I assume that if one chose 'Skip' then LMS would remember that, and
> never attempt to connect at all.
> I say this because I never use SN anyway. Its features has never really
> struck me as very useful.
> How about yourself?
>
> Oyvind

Hi,

It depends if I have my login and password handy, sometimes I've skipped
that step during install, but at some stage later when configuring
everything else up I do enter my username and password in the web GUI,
so not really definitive either way (and I guess DJanGo has more fully
answered your query).
I have LMS running on various devices (Qnap NAS(s) and RPI) on the PI I
use Max2Play - twice I've used their web interface to turn off SN
dependency and twice some time afterwards I've ended up with a crashed
server and subsequent corrupted Db - could be a coincidence because I've
not gone back and proved it, but it did push me back onto my original
TS-119 which was more stable than the PI at that time - I need a stable
setup for at least our bedroom player because we use it as our morning
alarm clock. The ageing TS-119 is being replaced by the TS-251+, I did
the LMS Docker setup at the same time as a standard SSOTS setup but so
far have not been able to get the 251+ to work with SSOTS and LMS,
stumbling block was pushing the update tarball in from SSOTS and I've
not got round to altering the tmp folder to make it big enough for an
update package - I have been very impressed with the Docker solution,
very quick and seems to use hardly any resources, so will probably run
with that.

Kev